Battleground Europe Forums  
Visit the official WWII Online:Battleground Europe website

Go Back   Battleground Europe Forums > COMMUNITY SUPPORT > TESTING AND BUG REPORTING

Notices

#1   Report Post  
Old 07-24-2012, 08:48 PM
coda coda no ha iniciado sesión

Default Smoke - FPS killer?

Did some testing on the beta server. Only 2 people there. Kind of know this is a no brainer, but I didn't know it was this bad.

Blowing up tanks, trucks, etc noticed a very distinct pattern. More smoke, more FPS drop. Sometimes dropped fps from 90-15. The closer you are the worse it gets. Also, the faster you are moving, or the faster the target is moving, the worse it gets, to the point of stutters.

I for one would gladly give up the ambiance of the excessive smoke for performance. I remember when the first smokestacks were put in game, at the factories, plants, etc. it was a noticeable drop. Is it really worth it? Now are all the vehicle/explosion smoke effects killing performance for us in towns?

Can we make it a toggle like muzzle flash and turn it off as an option?
  #2   Report Post  
Old 07-31-2012, 02:21 PM
GOPHUR GOPHUR no ha iniciado sesión

Default Re: Smoke - FPS killer?

What's your GPU coda? I see some drop duw to fill rate but I have a pretty hot card.

Dana V. Baldwin
"Gophur"
Senior Producer
Battleground Europe - WWIIOL

"I believe that terrain 2 will solve all of humanity's problems for years to come" - 1.34 Closed Alpha Tester