Battleground Europe Forums  
Visit the official WWII Online:Battleground Europe website

Go Back   Battleground Europe Forums > COMMUNITY SUPPORT > FREE PLAYER FORUMS > FREE PLAY SUPPORT AND INFO

#1   Report Post  
Old 11-22-2011, 01:13 PM
stabs stabs no ha iniciado sesión
Trial Player

Send a message via ICQ to stabs

Default AI has to go the way of the dinosaur

Enough with the AI.

AI is pointless.
  #2   Report Post  
Old 11-22-2011, 02:45 PM
onchas onchas no ha iniciado sesión
Mod Squad

Default Re: AI has to go the way of the dinosaur

Long live AI!

AI is poignant!

#3   Report Post  
Old 11-26-2011, 08:40 AM
Trial Player

AI has to go. AI mg's AI anti aircraft. AI everything. You also need to increase the amount of anti tank weapons. I said this many many years ago (i started as a day one player but no longer play anymore AMAJOR)
The easiest unit to log into and play your game, is infantry. Always will be infantry. You have only just now after 10 years, given them something to fight back with. (you can't include anti tank propelled guns as anti tank infantry weapons...so sorry. They are not easy to use, nor easy to wield) Stick to mouse and keyboard units as your most important. But you lost sight of the support for the easiest and first unit every newbie logs into to play. You lost sight of what you could call the most important unit. Your games "pyramid base". You made by enlarge, your game unfun. By allowing the hordes of tanks to roam the battle field at will.
With really only other tanks able to deal with them. Tanks take a total of 10 maybe 15 min to get to battle. Most infantry RUN into battle and running for 15 to 25 min, to get killed by a unit even if you got close to, and that was impossible to kill except for basically one infantry type unit.

Made it unsubscribingly unfun.

Even if you had allowed the basic infantry man to press J while near an enemy tank, and press the grenade icon for cooking off a grenade to "toss it into the tank turret" as a way for infantry to cripple a tank would have been far better. This is why you have the numbers base that you have now. Stick to this motto. Care the most for the easiest to log into, and easiest to play, easiest to learn for newbie, unit in the game. Infantry. You seriously need to revamp your entire strategy of the game if you want the numbers back to what they were. Care for infantry, give them weapons to deal with those tanks that can take multiple shots and survive. Who can kill from far away, yet not really fearful of infantry up close either. You made your most basic unit obsolete.

Make the first unit almost ANYONE logs into, fun again. And you may get those number of subscribers back. Remember the first days of the multiple servers? the crashes, and all the other crap. After it was sorted. the reason your game did well. There were alot less tanks in game. The tanks could be taken out by mg's and grenades, to the grill if the tank crews allowed infantry to come to close. This wasn't a magical infantry unit. But a plain old rifle man or sub mg guy. With grenades and bullets. THAT is what made your most basic unit fun. They could compete with even an overly whelming odds unit. And because of this, you had the numbers you did. As you have it now for the last 8 years. You have the most important unit of the game, only played by the most die hard "used to dying alot from targets so obscenly far away and even if there were close to the armour there was nothing you could do but, you die die die" with no way to fight back.

That is what you forgot about, and in the end you made the infantry obsolete and unfun. When you lose that aspect of the importance of the infantry unit. you lose sight of what WW2online really is/was. Because the basic unit of the game is no fun. Hence the numbers you have now, and the steady decrease in them. Until you correct the tank war. As I have ALWAYS warned CRS about in the forums. Your game will die. Look around at the other games. Infantry combat. with LIMITED Armour anything. If you can't limit Armour. Make it easier to kill Armour with the plain infantry man again. Make the game fun again.

Last edited by stabs; 11-26-2011 at 08:44 AM..
  #4   Report Post  
Old 11-26-2011, 10:03 AM
usaf77 usaf77 no ha iniciado sesión

LOL, the one time I ws able to attack a town with a jabo last night, and didnt CDT, I got killed by one shot to the pilots head by AI while dropping on a tank. After the server crashes, after everyone left, I just watched TV for the rest of the night.

Welcome back soldier.
  #5   Report Post  
Old 11-26-2011, 05:38 PM
Trial Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by usaf77 View Post
LOL, the one time I ws able to attack a town with a jabo last night, and didnt CDT, I got killed by one shot to the pilots head by AI while dropping on a tank. After the server crashes, after everyone left, I just watched TV for the rest of the night.

Welcome back soldier.
AND THIS is my point.

AI has to go.
  #6   Report Post  
Old 11-26-2011, 11:37 PM
zabrisk zabrisk no ha iniciado sesión
Trial Player

Well, I'm all for removing AI aside from the heavy AAA. Too bad that last rant detracts from the original, far more valid topic.

Quote:
i started as a day one player but no longer play anymore
Quote:
With really only other tanks able to deal with them. Tanks take a total of 10 maybe 15 min to get to battle. Most infantry RUN into battle and running for 15 to 25 min, to get killed by a unit even if you got close to, and that was impossible to kill except for basically one infantry type unit.
It shows.
  #7   Report Post  
Old 12-16-2011, 12:32 PM
jaenus jaenus no ha iniciado sesión

Agreed.

I'm no fan of executing a perfect paradrop on an unsuspecting town only to have the never-sleeping, never-blinking AI begin killing my guys as they drop down.

The map really needs to be shrunk so the few players we do have can be concentrated into less areas, thusly more people in each city.