Battleground Europe Forums  
Visit the official WWII Online:Battleground Europe website

Go Back   Battleground Europe Forums > COMMUNITY SUPPORT > FREE PLAYER FORUMS > FREE PLAY SUPPORT AND INFO

Notices

#21   Report Post  
Old 11-30-2011, 08:10 PM
ohanselo ohanselo no ha iniciado sesión

Default Re: Subscription Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap0cfury View Post
danke...
still not sure if im going to or not lol
dam game....fun as hell at times....maybe ill bite on the 3 month sub, hopefully things pick up and the war starts feeling like a war.
I hope so too buddy. Although hopefully they will revert to the old settings which was perfect in my opinion. Am gonna miss the shreks though. And btw if you do stick around, you still have a squad that is more than willing to recruit you www.flyingfall.com =)

The 116th Cross of Merit in Gold
  #22   Report Post  
Old 12-01-2011, 05:21 PM
usaf77 usaf77 no ha iniciado sesión

Quote:
danke...
still not sure if im going to or not lol
dam game....fun as hell at times....maybe ill bite on the 3 month sub, hopefully things pick up and the war starts feeling like a war.
If we had even close to the old crowd I wouldnt hesitate, even with the bugs. Man I used to love playing this game. Then they ruined the air game with their weather introduction, "looks like its now fixed", and the players just kept dissapearing.

Well.....we'll see. Most exciting fights I ever had in gaming back when I first started. Whatever I do i hope the game flourishes.
  #23   Report Post  
Old 12-02-2011, 05:36 AM
dawnp dawnp no ha iniciado sesión

Quote:
Originally Posted by usaf77 View Post
If we had even close to the old crowd I wouldnt hesitate, even with the bugs. Man I used to love playing this game. Then they ruined the air game with their weather introduction, "looks like its now fixed", and the players just kept dissapearing.

Well.....we'll see. Most exciting fights I ever had in gaming back when I first started. Whatever I do i hope the game flourishes.
I've had fun when I played, for the most part.

Server crashes during long fights, CTD on spawning a lot, random bugs like falling through the ground or clipping issues, some very long standing things not being fixed(like the pak36 sights never being fixed for 10 years) are keeping me from resubbing.

I'll try a trial account (if the option is available) again in a few months to see if it's better, AND if a new payment plan in introduced (meaning lower cost per month, no cell phone-like subscription plans).
  #24   Report Post  
Old 12-16-2011, 11:49 AM
jaenus jaenus no ha iniciado sesión

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohanselo View Post
Even with the monthly plan, which comes out to 18 dollars. I understand that CRS may not be doing that well, but I think the subscription price is simply just too much. If any other MMO is at a basic and common price, why must WWII Online go above the rest? As different as it may be, it is most definitely not going to attract more players into the game.

I fully agree Han, and it's one of a few things that really makes me reconsider staying subbed.

"But it's only 3$ more!"

I know, but that is 3$ more than WoW, or TOR, or any of the popular games out there, and yes I know they don't require you to buy the actual game (though I swear I recall paying 19.99 to buy it a long time ago), it's still TOO much.
  #25   Report Post  
Old 12-30-2011, 08:02 PM
jaytac jaytac no ha iniciado sesión
Trial Player

I dont mind the high price, but if you're charging above the avg the game absolutely has to be polished and complete, which I personally don't feel the game is at that point yet. Though it does have a lot of potential.

I'm not sure if I've really gotten the full experience yet as the game mechanics aren't setup to foster teamplay in a game where teamwork is crucial. Things like voip should be at the top of their list for future enhancements. Along with a better spawn and squad system.

Are trial members able to join squads? Honestly all I've really seen on this game is lonewolfing and hiking...
  #26   Report Post  
Old 12-30-2011, 09:05 PM
branko branko no ha iniciado sesión

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaenus View Post
(though I swear I recall paying 19.99 to buy it a long time ago)
Yeah, you did. If you brought the box, it came with a key. If you downloaded (when it became available) you paid for a "key" (the download was free).

The key gave you 30-days access before your sub kicked in. So, your first month was 19.99, including the cost of the client.

Man, those were the days, when you paid for MMOs

Proposals:
Making Bridges part of the Supply Chain (WARNING: PDF, hosted offsite ... 4000 words +)
A Simple RECON System

Happy 10th Birthday WWIIOL
  #27   Report Post  
Old 01-02-2012, 10:50 AM
MOTORMOUTH MOTORMOUTH está en línea
RETIRED RAT

Send a message via MSN to MOTORMOUTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytac View Post
I'm not sure if I've really gotten the full experience yet as the game mechanics aren't setup to foster teamplay in a game where teamwork is crucial. Things like voip should be at the top of their list for future enhancements. Along with a better spawn and squad system.

Are trial members able to join squads? Honestly all I've really seen on this game is lonewolfing and hiking...
Jaytac, these things are on the list. Shef, our intern, has been working on the an integrated voice comms system for the game. However, it had to be put on hold while the server issues were dealt with as he needs input from KFS1.

Trial members are auto-recruited into the Weasels squad, which is led by veteran players, but there are no restrictions on new players joining any squad. They are free to leave the Weasels anytime and join another squad.

As to the pricing, if you lock in for 3 months, it's comparable to any MMO. If you lock in for longer, it's cheaper. BE is a niche game and a hard game, it will never attract the numbers of something like WoW or CoD. A drop in price won't change that.
  #28   Report Post  
Old 01-02-2012, 04:12 PM
n1ckm n1ckm no ha iniciado sesión

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTORMOUTH View Post
As to the pricing, if you lock in for 3 months, it's comparable to any MMO. If you lock in for longer, it's cheaper. BE is a niche game and a hard game, it will never attract the numbers of something like WoW or CoD. A drop in price won't change that.
BE is a niche game and it's hard, yes, thats why we love it but it is priced too high in my opinion, a price drop may not bring in numbers like the games you mentioned, I don't even think we want those numbers of people, the server wouldn't cope but a hundred or so more players on each side in all time zones would be nice, I think a drop to $9.99 a month without any tie-in would easily attract those numbers.

With the problems that the game has had lately along with the pricing structure people just aren't willing to tie themselves in for long periods and they aren't willing to pay the high prices for something that they can't even play without encountering numerous bugs. My squad was one of the biggest in game, we used to always have good numbers online now we only seem to muster about 4 or 5 online at our peak, the reason long standing members aren't in game now are those I've mentioned above.

I really, really, really want this game to continue but I can't help fearing for it's future, please CRS have a really good look at your numbers and do what you can to attract more paying customers and keep those that you already have because just lately things are going the opposite way and it worries me.

Axis or Allied, it doesn't matter, we're all part of the same community, mutual respect!
  #29   Report Post  
Old 01-02-2012, 06:14 PM
expatpom expatpom no ha iniciado sesión

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTORMOUTH View Post
There is not much merit on a cell phone type lock in contract when service for the best part of three months has been sketchy, the numbers wiling to commit to a lock-in nowadays are diminishing and to go month to month on $18 is less also, imagine if you paid that for Dec?...might as well have burnt it.

If you were to find an ideal equilibrium on a rolling renewable credit card contract which was a tad cheaper then the number increase this would cover the loss I bet.
  #30   Report Post  
Old 01-02-2012, 10:02 PM
ruing ruing no ha iniciado sesión

With 2 days left on my sub from the WBS program I'm asking myself do I go on or do I keep an eye on the doorknob lest it slap me in the rear on the way out. Got my eyes firmly on the doorknob.

The price is too high. The commitment required to get a discount is too long. And, bluntly put, the game did not and does not deliver on the hype for the WBS promo. It's broken in some very fundamental aspects and the new toys are for some yet to be determined very nebulous future.

I assume the problems with bugs will eventually be worked out but I can't justify paying in advance without knowing the problems are gone or paying full price for month to month when I have to restart the game every time I want to change brigades, the near constant invisible and clipped opponents and can't play with my Mac - though I am fortunate enough to have a PC capable of playing the game as well.

It's not the actual amount or how it compares to anything else. It's the principle that to continue playing means paying full price for a game that's not running properly. I'd probably suffer through another month at the lower rate as I'd feel I'm getting some compensation for dealing with the game's problems but no way at full price or being "locked" into a term rate.

Perhaps there will be another WBS or such and I'll try again, but, at this point I feel it will take a lot to bring me back a third time as this has been very much of a let down considering the hype accompanying the WBS promo.

Also - consider changing your home page graphics. There may indeed be thousands of players online somewhere in some game(s) so I suppose it's not an actual lie - but that's something that's irked me ever since I stumbled across BE back in early 2010. I had an expectation of thousands of players online here and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to walk the brigades and get a count. Very disappointing.

Good luck.
  #31   Report Post  
Old 01-03-2012, 07:54 AM
ap0cfury ap0cfury no ha iniciado sesión

yeah so im done complaining about prices and bugs.
the server is actually stable again so getting on to play is not an issues anymore.
still have to deal with minor bugs but they havent been enough to prevent me from playing.
I finally joined a squad and noticed that the game experience (for me) has changed dramaticaly.
its one thing to play this game solo but a whole nother story when playing with a team.
dont much care for the price but doesnt look like i have much of a choice?
thinking i might resub with the 6 month deal but im curious...does it take out the whole amount for when i sign up for it or does it just take the 14.99 a month?
big difference between the two as im kinda broke so id rather not drop all the money at once?

Quote:
"Something stupid someone else said"
  #32   Report Post  
Old 01-03-2012, 08:49 AM
hick hick no ha iniciado sesión
Cheeky Monkey

Send a message via AIM to hick Send a message via Yahoo to hick

Quote:
yeah so im done complaining about prices and bugs.
the server is actually stable again so getting on to play is not an issues anymore.
still have to deal with minor bugs but they havent been enough to prevent me from playing.
I finally joined a squad and noticed that the game experience (for me) has changed dramaticaly.
its one thing to play this game solo but a whole nother story when playing with a team.
dont much care for the price but doesnt look like i have much of a choice?
thinking i might resub with the 6 month deal but im curious...does it take out the whole amount for when i sign up for it or does it just take the 14.99 a month?
big difference between the two as im kinda broke so id rather not drop all the money at once?
If you do the 6-month easy pay it will draught from your card or account each month. I am currently on the 12-mo easy pay so I can get the $12.99/mo rate without having to come up with the entire sum at once. Heck, I hardly have time to play anymore and still don't mind paying just for the chance I decide to log in and of course access to one of my favorite forums on the web!

"Maybe the uni-bomber wasn't so crazy after all; well besides the bombing part."-indo420

"I realized a long time ago that forums of almost any stripe, no matter what else they may be, are also a spectator sport."
  #33   Report Post  
Old 01-03-2012, 08:55 AM

thank you for the answer hick!

makes it a lil easier to sub knowing it wont hit me with a one time fee.
leaves me that lil extra for burger king or chuckie cheeze for my kid lol!

Quote:
  #34   Report Post  
Old 01-04-2012, 09:15 AM
usaf77 usaf77 no ha iniciado sesión

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hick View Post
If you do the 6-month easy pay it will draught from your card or account each month. I am currently on the 12-mo easy pay so I can get the $12.99/mo rate without having to come up with the entire sum at once. Heck, I hardly have time to play anymore and still don't mind paying just for the chance I decide to log in and of course access to one of my favorite forums on the web!
You pay $12.99 a month just to access this forum? Your a remarkable individual. Thats one of the many problems of this game, theres always far more on the forums then in the game.

And the game, the bugs?, the constant low populations? The poor graphics? The lack of anything "new"? I actually deleted the game off my puter two weeks ago with about 16 days left on my account.

$12.99 a month for a forum. Sheesh! And people wonder why this game went down the tubes.
  #35   Report Post  
Old 01-04-2012, 09:54 AM
Cheeky Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by usaf77 View Post
You pay $12.99 a month just to access this forum? Your a remarkable individual. Thats one of the many problems of this game, theres always far more on the forums then in the game.

And the game, the bugs?, the constant low populations? The poor graphics? The lack of anything "new"? I actually deleted the game off my puter two weeks ago with about 16 days left on my account.

$12.99 a month for a forum. Sheesh! And people wonder why this game went down the tubes.
I pay to have the opportunity to play the game. However, with my schedule that is not possible most of the time, so I instead use the forums. The community is probably one of my favorite, which is why I don't really mind that $13 coming out every month even when I haven't had time to play.

As for the lack of anything "new", new gets old pretty quick and really isn't a all that important to me. The game play is what I'm after, and it's something that BE has a very unique perspective on.

And finally the pricing, I actually would be paying more for this game had they not come up with the current "easy pay" schemes. So, thx CRS for rewarding perennial players with a cost-savings!

"Maybe the uni-bomber wasn't so crazy after all; well besides the bombing part."-indo420

"I realized a long time ago that forums of almost any stripe, no matter what else they may be, are also a spectator sport."
  #36   Report Post  
Old 01-04-2012, 12:43 PM
trimarchi trimarchi no ha iniciado sesión

It’s weird because the game has a steep/hard learning curve as first, but at the same time after two months of regular play you get it down fast. The game becomes natural after awhile. Infantry and tank you learn as you go. The areoplane aspects of this game takes a lot longer to learn, but any non-arcade FS game will have a long learning curve with flying and add the combat flying it takes even longer. But that’s a part of realism. Learning is what adds to the fun of the game though. It’s like playing chess. You might lose a lot at first, but you learn as you go, and you get better and better at your playing skills while enjoying the learning/study process. Some might say "I die a lot. I’m new and died ten times in twenty minutes." Well that’s totally normal, and just like losing chess match after chess match when first learning each time you get better to the point where you win more often than you lose or at least lose but doing so in a great fighting match.

That’s the problem with a lot of other games in recent years. They're just hack/slash. Nothing more than using a wand to kill an AI dragon or Rambo style shooting games with no value behind it.

Since around Christmas Day I’ve really hadn’t had any problems or CTDs. Maybe once in a blue moon. So I wouldn’t worry about that. Also I haven’t yet played a game or come across a computer server/network that has never had a server issue from time to time. I was just playing for about 90 minutes before coming on here and didn’t have a single problem.
Lock into a six month plan and the pricing is good around $13 dollars I believe. $11.00-12.00 is about the price to see a cinema film these days before buying refreshments, and most cinema films last only 90-120 minutes. If you play the game on a regular basis than you’ll get far more value out of the game than the $13 you put into it.

Population of players was good last night too. Both sides had spawn delays with Allied having a 99 second spawn delay last night around 9PM PST. So the player base is here.
  #37   Report Post  
Old 01-06-2012, 08:43 PM

subbed...6 more months youll have to deal with me :p

Quote:
  #38   Report Post  
Old 01-07-2012, 12:16 AM
Cheeky Monkey

Quote:
subbed...6 more months youll have to deal with me :p
WOOOHOOOO!!!

Glad to have you bubba. I'll try to stay outta your cross hairs

#39   Report Post  
Old 01-07-2012, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hick View Post
WOOOHOOOO!!!

Glad to have you bubba. I'll try to stay outta your cross hairs
I resubbed with every intention of having YOU in my Xhairs...if you stay out of them my whole reason for continuing to play this game goes null & void :(
Dont try and stay out of them...just stand still when your in them! :p

Quote:
  #40   Report Post  
Old 01-09-2012, 06:05 PM
trimarchi trimarchi no ha iniciado sesión

Hi ap0cfury:

I also re-subbed for six months. I’m not a long term contract person in anything. I hate being tied down to long term stuff. So Im with ya when I did the six month plan instead of one year. I think it comes to something like $12.49.8 ($12.50) a month which is not bad. One cup of special flavored Dunkin Donuts coffee today costs like $4.00 alone these days. But I knew the servers would get completely stable again. I think I’ve seen one or two crashes during my game playing since Christmas Day and the training server is back up too (which one can spend more time on the training server practicing or having mini-challenges with friends than the live server.)

I’d say see ya on the battle field lol, but I went back to playing Allied where I started from before I went to Axis for awhile when I originally came back to the game. Have fun with the game friend. Its seriously what it is all that matters in the end whichever side you like playing best. Having fun, entertainment, and the likes.

Anthony--