Battleground Europe Forums  
Visit the official WWII Online:Battleground Europe website

Go Back   Battleground Europe Forums > COMMUNITIES > Battleground Europe Q&A

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old 09-25-2009, 10:38 AM
RAFTER RAFTER no ha iniciado sesión
Retired CRS Staff

Join Date: Sep 1999
Posts: 14,786

Default 1.31 Ragdoll Article Discussion

__________________
Al 'Rafter' Corey
Playnet Markiting (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmf50
I am trying to get a copy of the thread where I pretended to be a girl

Last edited by RAFTER; 09-25-2009 at 11:13 AM..
  #2   Report Post  
Old 09-25-2009, 11:17 AM
legiox legiox no ha iniciado sesión
Junior Member

Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: G-Vegas, NC
Posts: 765

legiox's Avatar
Default Re: 1.31 Ragdoll Article Discussion

1st! Looks good. cant wait! really like the end where the allies fall 3 stories to the ground :D
__________________


Last edited by legiox; 09-25-2009 at 11:19 AM..
  #3   Report Post  
Old 09-25-2009, 11:40 AM
gtanner gtanner no ha iniciado sesión
Member

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Uk
Posts: 3,137

Default Re: 1.31 Ragdoll Article Discussion

Very very cool, nice work.
__________________

SIGNATURE BACK IN PRAISE AND WORSHIP OF THE ALMIGHTY MODERATOR GODS
  #4   Report Post  
Old 09-25-2009, 11:53 AM
dangrboy dangrboy no ha iniciado sesión

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Kiwi expat in Boston, MA
Posts: 410

Default Re: 1.31 Ragdoll Article Discussion

Really nice work guys, much closer to 'believable' than the previous video.
__________________
Commeth the Me 410A-1/U4, commeth the man!
  #5   Report Post  
Old 09-25-2009, 12:00 PM
legiox legiox no ha iniciado sesión
Junior Member

Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: G-Vegas, NC
Posts: 765

legiox's Avatar
Default Re: 1.31 Ragdoll Article Discussion

Have a question. How will ragdoll bodies be affective by bombs?
__________________

  #6   Report Post  
Old 09-25-2009, 12:04 PM
RAFTER RAFTER no ha iniciado sesión
Retired CRS Staff

Join Date: Sep 1999
Posts: 14,786

Default Re: 1.31 Ragdoll Article Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by legiox View Post
Have a question. How will ragdoll bodies be affective by bombs?
They will be effected in a way similar to grenades and satchels.
  #7   Report Post  
Old 09-25-2009, 02:48 PM
stankyus stankyus no ha iniciado sesión
Member

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Posts: 12,044

stankyus's Avatar
Default Re: 1.31 Ragdoll Article Discussion

Will I see bodies flying over AB walls when bombs hit or what?
__________________






"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson
  #8   Report Post  
Old 09-25-2009, 03:20 PM
frantish frantish no ha iniciado sesión
Member

Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Houston, TX number of "conservatvies" I pwned
Posts: 9,488
Send a message via AIM to frantish Send a message via MSN to frantish Send a message via Yahoo to frantish

frantish's Avatar
Default Re: 1.31 Ragdoll Article Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by stankyus View Post
Will I see bodies flying over AB walls when bombs hit or what?
Plant a satchel on the ground and sit on it. You will see. ;)
__________________
"Blind respect for a party is the greatest enemy of truth" (A. Einstein)
The Republican party isn't doomed, but it's taking on water -- and like Curly in a lifeboat in the middle of the ocean, it thinks the solution is to drill holes in the bottom of the boat to let the water out.
There is something deeply wrong with a society more offended by breasts than by entrails.
  #9   Report Post  
Old 09-25-2009, 03:21 PM
monsjoex monsjoex está en línea
Senior Member

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 15,066

monsjoex's Avatar
Default Re: 1.31 Ragdoll Article Discussion

Motormouth:
"They are actually lifeless "clones" for lack of a better word. It's a dev tool called "V-spawn" that Ramp and Rafter got working so we could do promo shots without having to corral a bunch of people. This is not on a live server.

Say Rafter wants to do a battle shot. He spawns in as infantry, places his avatar where he wants it, poses it and then hits a key that drops a replica and moves on to place another one. They can't move, can't be controlled. They just stand (or run in place). Same with tanks. If he clones himself in a Sherman firing the gun, that animation runs on a loop endlessly. They can't be moved once they're placed, you'd have to start over."

Rafter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by retterkl
Most annoying thing though about these videos is it's clear they can have programable bots, at least very basic ones, but CRS won't allow us to have them on offline to do testing or practise.

*yet*

This means 1.31 will get v-spawn tool for people to use offline yes?
__________________
Battleground Europe blog, new updates regularly, last: Squadnight (11-March-2014)
http://worldwar2onlinebattlegroundeurope.blogspot.com/

  #10   Report Post  
Old 09-25-2009, 03:24 PM
MOTORMOUTH MOTORMOUTH está en línea
RETIRED RAT

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Dallas
Posts: 26,767
Send a message via MSN to MOTORMOUTH

MOTORMOUTH's Avatar
Default Re: 1.31 Ragdoll Article Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsjoex View Post
Motormouth:
"They are actually lifeless "clones" for lack of a better word. It's a dev tool called "V-spawn" that Ramp and Rafter got working so we could do promo shots without having to corral a bunch of people. This is not on a live server.

Say Rafter wants to do a battle shot. He spawns in as infantry, places his avatar where he wants it, poses it and then hits a key that drops a replica and moves on to place another one. They can't move, can't be controlled. They just stand (or run in place). Same with tanks. If he clones himself in a Sherman firing the gun, that animation runs on a loop endlessly. They can't be moved once they're placed, you'd have to start over."

Rafter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by retterkl
Most annoying thing though about these videos is it's clear they can have programable bots, at least very basic ones, but CRS won't allow us to have them on offline to do testing or practise.

*yet*

This means 1.31 will get v-spawn tool for people to use offline yes?
It means Rafter's a tease.
__________________
Retired Rat
  #11   Report Post  
Old 09-25-2009, 03:26 PM
Sparre Sparre no ha iniciado sesión
WWII ONLINE BUILDER [GOLD]

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to Sparre Send a message via MSN to Sparre

Sparre's Avatar
Default Re: 1.31 Ragdoll Article Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsjoex View Post
Motormouth:
"They are actually lifeless "clones" for lack of a better word. It's a dev tool called "V-spawn" that Ramp and Rafter got working so we could do promo shots without having to corral a bunch of people. This is not on a live server.

Say Rafter wants to do a battle shot. He spawns in as infantry, places his avatar where he wants it, poses it and then hits a key that drops a replica and moves on to place another one. They can't move, can't be controlled. They just stand (or run in place). Same with tanks. If he clones himself in a Sherman firing the gun, that animation runs on a loop endlessly. They can't be moved once they're placed, you'd have to start over."

Rafter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by retterkl
Most annoying thing though about these videos is it's clear they can have programable bots, at least very basic ones, but CRS won't allow us to have them on offline to do testing or practise.

*yet*

This means 1.31 will get v-spawn tool for people to use offline yes?

You n00b! It means we will have parachuting dogs you silly bum.
__________________

  #12   Report Post  
Old 09-25-2009, 04:21 PM
burnvktm burnvktm no ha iniciado sesión
Member

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,165

burnvktm's Avatar
Default Re: 1.31 Ragdoll Article Discussion

I know that the article said that vehicles are not going to be affected, but I have a question.

I am sure that AAA and ATG are for all logical purposes 'vehicles' to the game engine, but are the infantry parts of those units modeled in a way where we will see them die when they are killed?

I ask this because in their current incarnation, it is impossible to tell when you have dispatched a crew member.

Thanks!
__________________

Last edited by burnvktm; 09-25-2009 at 04:22 PM..
  #13   Report Post  
Old 09-25-2009, 05:59 PM
kc23 kc23 no ha iniciado sesión
Member

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Canyon Country, CA
Posts: 13,119

Default Re: 1.31 Ragdoll Article Discussion

Is that new building with the sandbags in front (in the AB) a cp or is that the new bunker? Does it have a damaged state?

If it isn't the new bunker, will the new bunker have a damaged state?

How is the new capture paradyme fleshing out?

Looking amazing. Keep up the great work.
  #14   Report Post  
Old 09-25-2009, 06:23 PM
matt6767 matt6767 no ha iniciado sesión
Member

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,930

matt6767's Avatar
Default Re: 1.31 Ragdoll Article Discussion

Still no sight of the new willemstad castle, I R sad
__________________
___________________________________________________
  #15   Report Post  
Old 09-25-2009, 06:25 PM
kc23 kc23 no ha iniciado sesión
Member

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Canyon Country, CA
Posts: 13,119

Default Re: 1.31 Ragdoll Article Discussion

Just dawned on me that this is the first time in about 3 years I've had patch fever.
  #16   Report Post  
Old 09-25-2009, 09:05 PM
RAFTER RAFTER no ha iniciado sesión
Retired CRS Staff

Join Date: Sep 1999
Posts: 14,786

Default Re: 1.31 Ragdoll Article Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnvktm View Post
I know that the article said that vehicles are not going to be affected, but I have a question.

I am sure that AAA and ATG are for all logical purposes 'vehicles' to the game engine, but are the infantry parts of those units modeled in a way where we will see them die when they are killed?

I ask this because in their current incarnation, it is impossible to tell when you have dispatched a crew member.

Thanks!
Sorry nothing slated for this in 1.31.
  #17   Report Post  
Old 09-25-2009, 09:05 PM
RAFTER RAFTER no ha iniciado sesión
Retired CRS Staff

Join Date: Sep 1999
Posts: 14,786

Default Re: 1.31 Ragdoll Article Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc23 View Post
Is that new building with the sandbags in front (in the AB) a cp or is that the new bunker? Does it have a damaged state?

If it isn't the new bunker, will the new bunker have a damaged state?

How is the new capture paradyme fleshing out?

Looking amazing. Keep up the great work.
Next 1.31 feature article will be on capture and will include the buildings that have been changed.
  #18   Report Post  
Old 09-26-2009, 01:31 AM
kc23 kc23 no ha iniciado sesión
Member

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Canyon Country, CA
Posts: 13,119

Default Re: 1.31 Ragdoll Article Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFTER View Post
Next 1.31 feature article will be on capture and will include the buildings that have been changed.
Thanks rafter, looking forward to it.
  #19   Report Post  
Old 09-26-2009, 06:47 PM
matt6767 matt6767 no ha iniciado sesión
Member

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,930

matt6767's Avatar
Default Re: 1.31 Ragdoll Article Discussion

Since crs was using lifeless clones for most of their ragdoll scenes weve only seen one clip of an actual player getting shot but there wasnt much to see how long it took ei to die but it did look like it took 1 sec, so therefore does that mean we can expect lag death the same way as before?
__________________
___________________________________________________
  #20   Report Post  
Old 09-27-2009, 07:28 AM
gtanner gtanner no ha iniciado sesión
Member

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Uk
Posts: 3,137

Default Re: 1.31 Ragdoll Article Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt6767 View Post
Since crs was using lifeless clones for most of their ragdoll scenes weve only seen one clip of an actual player getting shot but there wasnt much to see how long it took ei to die but it did look like it took 1 sec, so therefore does that mean we can expect lag death the same way as before?
Probably dependant on where you live, but death does suffer from latency. Guessing it take a second or so to register a kill, send that message to the other computer...confirm it then send that message back :(
__________________

SIGNATURE BACK IN PRAISE AND WORSHIP OF THE ALMIGHTY MODERATOR GODS
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00 AM.     Meg


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2014 Playnet, Inc. All Rights Reserved. World War II Online™, WWII Online™, Battleground Europe™ are trademarks of Playnet Incorporated.