Battleground Europe Forums  
Visit the official WWII Online:Battleground Europe website

Go Back   Battleground Europe Forums > PLAYNET/CORNERED RAT STAFF POSTING > SPECIAL EVENT FORUM

Notices

#1   Report Post  
Old 01-26-2012, 10:36 PM
branko branko no ha iniciado sesión

Default Bloody Battles: Monchen

Monchen Gladbach

2 Inf Divisions + 1 Armour Division + 1 Para-Brigade + Air (Fighter & Bomber Brigs) per side

Click the image above for a version you can see

Intended playtime: 3 days.

Click: Roermond and Roermond West Blow up (for clarity)

Note that Flags are Infantry Brigades unless indicated.

Objectives

Allied Objectives
Primary (5pts): Monchen
Secondary (1pt): Kempen
Secondary (1pt): Krefeld
Secondary (1pt): Erkelenz
Clean Sweep Bonus (3pts): All of the above

Axis Objectives
Primary (5pts): Panningen
Secondary (1pt): Weert
Secondary (1pt): Griendtsveen
Secondary (1pt): Eind
Clean Sweep Bonus (3pts): All of the above

No AIR Objective Points ... But plenty of Bridges/CAS to take care of

(I was going to do my impression of writer-boy, DOC ... But I'll leave the waffle to him )

Notes
  • Towns not shown on map are Allied WEST of the river and Axis EAST of the river - All are empty at start
  • I still can't get an answer on whether or not destroying Factories will nerf Supply. If it does, the problem is the closeness of allied air - compared to Axis equivalent - to the factories. My hope is that blowing factories DOES NOT nerf supply, for the BB event.
  • Should Air in Monchen be disabled/kicked out, Axis have a secondary field at Dusseldorf (off map just East of Kaarst). An backup Allied AF is much further away (Glize), but Eindhoven shouldn't come under much pressure ... should it?

Proposals:
Making Bridges part of the Supply Chain (WARNING: PDF, hosted offsite ... 4000 words +)
A Simple RECON System

Happy 10th Birthday WWIIOL
  #2   Report Post  
Old 01-27-2012, 05:14 AM
saintj saintj no ha iniciado sesión

Default Re: Bloody Battles: Monchen

Seems good to me

We get to fight in Roermond - which is nice. Options to fight (we are not stuck in 1 place). Air close and a river to FMBs.

I would only add air objectives: Allies must destroy Venlo bridge and Axis must destroy Maaseik bridge.

AEF foot soldier
CinC of the first barracks invasion of OT - retired
  #3   Report Post  
Old 01-27-2012, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintj View Post
Seems good to me

We get to fight in Roermond - which is nice. Options to fight (we are not stuck in 1 place). Air close and a river to FMBs.
Navy: I meant to add in a note ... Other than where they are stationed (Axis have Roer Docks at start) there would be a use for them ... An Allied port is more problematic though ... as is a safe Axis one ... not sure on this

And the idea of this was to provide 3 AO opportunities, lots of work for Air and some para opportunities (reading the Official Site stuff, this would be down for a weekend map)

And we almost never fight over these towns ... In the decade I have been here, I don't think I have ever typed - in game chat - P1/D1 is Monchen Gladback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintj View Post
I would only add air objectives: Allies must destroy Venlo bridge and Axis must destroy Maaseik bridge.
I'm not sure how RATs will monitor Air Objectives like blowing a bridge. I know the event only scores when it is over ... but for the last hour that will mean both of those bridges are camped by Repair Crews!

Not saying it's a bad idea ... but I think the Air Objective will need a lot of thought for each BB. Hopefully in the suggestion above, I gave them enough reason to fly without one.

Cheers for the comment, saint

Proposals:
Making Bridges part of the Supply Chain (WARNING: PDF, hosted offsite ... 4000 words +)
A Simple RECON System

#4   Report Post  
Old 01-29-2012, 12:52 PM
coila coila no ha iniciado sesión

What tier you thinking about Bran?
  #5   Report Post  
Old 01-29-2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coila View Post
What tier you thinking about Bran?

I think Tier3/4 might be the most fun ... given that inf will have tank-killing capability with the tube-weapons and bridge/river fights are always fun with the big stuff involved.

But it should work in any Tier ...

Given the "Must move East if Allies win, must move West if Axis win" rule, I think we'd only see this scenario if Allied is winning (it is quite far East) ... but would be a fun weekend of play

Both sides have a bridgehead, so one place that tanks won't have to cross a bridge (which will be tough to keep up). But plenty of bridges to sneak a tank/atg across

Although there are choices for each HC, it would really be down to the fighting to decide a winner (some very tough fights across that river, too)

I've no idea if RATs are planning to use this setup, but I do hope - whatever forces-layout they use - they let us fight in this area. Much fun to be had with paras which always keeps inf players happy

Proposals:
A Simple RECON System

#6   Report Post  
Old 01-29-2012, 09:33 PM
Lexfire Lexfire no ha iniciado sesión
Retired Rat

Nice looking setup, and good choice of map as well. That area allways gives a good fight for anyone involved.

Lexfire
Retired Assistant Community Manager
  #7   Report Post  
Old 01-30-2012, 11:00 AM
kapit kapit no ha iniciado sesión
Trial Player

Is this starting today sometime?