Battleground Europe Forums  
Visit the official WWII Online:Battleground Europe website

Go Back   Battleground Europe Forums > COMMUNITY SUPPORT > FREE PLAYER FORUMS > FREE PLAY SUPPORT AND INFO

#1   Report Post  
Old 12-03-2011, 12:03 PM
ruing ruing no ha iniciado sesión

Default WBS Resub

Could someone from *CRS* please explain the resub details for the special WBS program?

Do we maintain prior rank? Yes/No doesn't necessarily rule out resub for me, but no answer does.

What *IS* the cost? I see a link to reactivate where one price is mentioned -- click that and I get a page with another price for a 3 month plan. What is the purpose of the first price seen, is it *in addition* to the commitment for 3 months seen on the following page or is the second page in error?

I was just crazy enough to give it a try for a month or so regardless of current issues -- but I'm not seeing what I thought I'd see for pricing.

And, I just looked at the account page before sending this -- it still reflects what I'm asking about.

Thanks.
  #2   Report Post  
Old 12-03-2011, 01:05 PM
ap0cfury ap0cfury no ha iniciado sesión

Default Re: WBS Resub

u keep ur previous rankings...
u can pay either 17.99 a month or 12.99 for a month for 3 months locked in and if u cancel then u are penalized....not sure what the penalty but yeah, thats how it works.

Quote:
"Something stupid someone else said"
  #3   Report Post  
Old 12-03-2011, 01:18 PM

Appreciate the reply but that's not what the WBS Promo email said.
  #4   Report Post  
Old 12-03-2011, 06:50 PM

propoganda.....

Quote:
  #5   Report Post  
Old 12-03-2011, 08:08 PM

lol But seriously -- an authoritative answer from CRS would be appreciated though the humor is appreciated as well. Keeps my blood pressure down while awaiting an answer.
  #6   Report Post  
Old 12-03-2011, 08:49 PM
burkhalter burkhalter no ha iniciado sesión
Trial Player

Thats what kept me from resubbing.

I thought it said 9.99$.

gosh...I wish it was just $9.99 to play this game forever.
  #7   Report Post  
Old 12-03-2011, 08:55 PM

Yes -- it's not going to work to say one thing and then offer another.

Probably an honest mistake, but, not resubscribing unless am given what was offered in 2 emails.

And - hint. It mentioned nothing in the emails about any term subscription. It only said you can reactivate for a price as mentioned in previous post.
  #8   Report Post  
Old 12-04-2011, 12:57 AM

Well if you get it for 9.99 a month make sure to let the rest of us know cuz id gladly jump on that band wagon.
10 bucks a month is doable but only if I dont have to feel forced into a contract.

Quote:
  #9   Report Post  
Old 12-04-2011, 01:39 AM

There's no doubt that it's supposed to be a good deal to gather some of us former players back into the game. What's annoying is that it's not what was quoted twice and that's not going to cut it. All I expected was one cheap month then back to the normal rates. Honesty -- that's all I wanted, 1 cheap month to see how things go with the bug fixing and normal campaign play then I can continue on at whatever rates are available or leave.

If I had known from the time the Welcome Back Soldier stuff came out for the mini-campaign that it wasn't going to be a simple $9.99 for 1 month (then whatever the going rate is) I wouldn't have wasted the resources to download game and take up server time playing it.

Sad thing is that I have enjoyed playing after 13+ months off, but not enough to be pushed into a term commitment or (at this point) pay $18/month.
  #10   Report Post  
Old 12-05-2011, 12:56 PM

Bump now that it's within 9a...5p M-F Texas time zone.
  #11   Report Post  
Old 12-05-2011, 03:06 PM

well today is the last day of my sub and im trying to find any reason to resub without feeling like im going to regret it.
number one, if i do decide to resub i wave all my rights in complaining that the game dont work right because im well aware that the game doesnt work right now :/
But let's say I do decide to before the days out...and i grab that 3 month thing.
does it take the whole 3 months out at one time or 12.99 per month @ each months end?

Quote:
  #12   Report Post  
Old 12-05-2011, 04:54 PM

Thank you CRS, the option to subscribe at the expected value for one month is now available. Will give it a go and hope for the best!
  #13   Report Post  
Old 12-05-2011, 08:43 PM

ahh, nice so 9.99 if i resub?

that i'll do as i can honestly say to me...9.99 a month is more a price id be willing to pay.
Unfortunatley its going to go back up to 17.99 after the month is up but who knows maybe they'll keep it that price.
Resubing (for a month anyway

Quote:
  #14   Report Post  
Old 12-06-2011, 12:14 PM
mrfancyp mrfancyp no ha iniciado sesión

9.99 sounds like a good deal, especially now that the rats are getting 1.34 under control. Count me in.
  #15   Report Post  
Old 12-06-2011, 01:20 PM

I'm *NOT* sure on this, but, I think you had to be setup for the Welcome Back Soldier / Special BHB mini-camp to qualify for this.

And it is only for one month then returns to the (too) many plans available at a (at worst) much higher price.
  #16   Report Post  
Old 12-06-2011, 02:36 PM

well i totaly had my dates wrong lol and my sub isnt up until tomorrow.
maybe a rat could fill us in on exactly how this 9.99 thing works?

ill resub for a month if its 9.99 willing to endure whatever it takes to get the game fixed and the server stable, i think that price for this game is more then reasonable.
if the population increases (which i think that price would bring people back) then asking a bit more would also be reasonable seeing as the game would be at a fully functional state and a whole lot of fun.

lets face it....we all complain about this game when it doesnt work because we enjoy playing it SO much, when we cant play we cant enjoy ourselves so asking 17.99 is just asking for us to explode everytime the game dont work...if the game worked the way it was supposed to i seriously doubt yould get much complaining (from me anyway) about how much it cost.
I agreed to pay the 17.99 due to all the hype that surrounded the BHB and the release of 1.34 so did many other players who have since left...I think cutting the price in half makes up for all the dismay players like myself brought back by the marketing and to the players who have already sunk a fortune into the game already would be a welcomed sign of appreciation.

Quote:
  #17   Report Post  
Old 12-07-2011, 12:10 PM

No need for a rat to answer as i already resubbed until next month for 9.99
Guess We should say thanks for showing the appreciation to us for being so "patient"
one more month, willing to stick around IF the game improves....happy hunting!

Quote:
  #18   Report Post  
Old 12-07-2011, 12:53 PM
cobray cobray no ha iniciado sesión

Location: A reinforced concrete structure underneath Virginia

Good call. This is still a great game even with the problems.
One christmas we got paratroopers as a gift. Maybe the Rat's silence means were gonna get another surprise.