Battleground Europe Forums  
Visit the official WWII Online:Battleground Europe website

Go Back   Battleground Europe Forums > COMMUNITY SUPPORT > FREE PLAYER FORUMS > FREE PLAY SUPPORT AND INFO

#1   Report Post  
Old 11-20-2011, 05:30 PM
bulld0ggy bulld0ggy no ha iniciado sesión
Trial Player

Default wwii gameplay

I started playing this game almost 10 years ago and have returned after a 3 year hiatus. The quality of the interface and the gameplay has improved immensely, it's more consistent and less prone to freezes. This is great, as one of the main reasons I stopped playing was the interface. My problem is, and always has been the fact that you spend 75% of your playing time travelling from one place to another. It makes this game a real drag. If you spawn a tank you have to drive it 10 minutes somewhere, and if you spawn infantry you have to run like 10 miles across an open field where 90% of the time you get picked off by a sniper. Having a hard time remembering why I spent so many hours playing this before.
  #2   Report Post  
Old 11-20-2011, 05:49 PM
ap0cfury ap0cfury no ha iniciado sesión

Default Re: wwii gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulld0ggy View Post
I started playing this game almost 10 years ago and have returned after a 3 year hiatus. The quality of the interface and the gameplay has improved immensely, it's more consistent and less prone to freezes. This is great, as one of the main reasons I stopped playing was the interface. My problem is, and always has been the fact that you spend 75% of your playing time travelling from one place to another. It makes this game a real drag. If you spawn a tank you have to drive it 10 minutes somewhere, and if you spawn infantry you have to run like 10 miles across an open field where 90% of the time you get picked off by a sniper. Having a hard time remembering why I spent so many hours playing this before.
Things have changed a bit tho....if you spawn now you can spawn on someones "FRU" foward resupply unit and most of the time their placed really close to the action.
Of course you have to drive with a tank...try spawning a tank in the heat of battle in an AB and tell me how much fun it is.
Patience young grasshopper.....the time it takes you to drive the tank in gives you all the time you needto check your map and plan out someway of getting to where you need to go safely.
Communicate with others, never go in alone as alone = death.
I watch alot of people who come back to or just start playing this game run out into the open expecting a COD type play just to get "waaaugh" and die before they know what happend.
To play this game you MUST have patience...

Quote:
"Something stupid someone else said"
  #3   Report Post  
Old 11-20-2011, 06:55 PM
mrfancyp mrfancyp no ha iniciado sesión

Quote:
Look for defensive battles and let the enemy do the walking then. You'll still have phases of inactivity sometimes, but most of the time you should find action quickly.
  #4   Report Post  
Old 11-21-2011, 05:35 PM
ohanselo ohanselo no ha iniciado sesión

Quote:

Your biggest issue, your not in a squad. I advise you to join one. Depending on what type of squad, it is rare that this will happen. For Example, 85th Fallschirmjager FF, we do plenty of teamwork both on the air and ground. We are paras, but we are very consistent working together and on teamspeak. Usually doing a patrol and getting missions setup while the rest of the squad is out defending or attacking. If your intrested in joining us visit www.flyingfall.com // or any other squad. This game is not meant to be alone, and that is why sometimes its hard finding action, or anything fun at times lol.

The 116th Cross of Merit in Gold
  #5   Report Post  
Old 11-22-2011, 02:50 AM
zabrisk zabrisk no ha iniciado sesión
Trial Player

The travel time for vehicles isn't bad. Most opposing spawns are within ~5km of each other. Considering that's just above the max effective range for their weapons, that's a good thing. Most time spent before engagement is setting up an approach.

Same with FRUs. 500m away is the ideal starting point for infantry. It shouldn't take ten minutes. If it's 10 miles away, you're using the wrong spawn.