Battleground Europe Forums  
Visit the official WWII Online:Battleground Europe website

Go Back   Battleground Europe Forums > COMMUNITY SUPPORT > FREE PLAYER FORUMS > FREE PLAY SUPPORT AND INFO

#1   Report Post  
Old 09-14-2011, 02:09 AM
hamster9 hamster9 no ha iniciado sesión

Cool New player basic infantry training.

Hi I've been away for a few days taking care of real life stuff. I'll be back on later today and I'd like it if anyone who wants to learn about the following stuff would send me a pm online or through this forum:

1) How to shoot the rifle properly. Not as easy as you think, there is a very heavy lead distance due to internet latency. This means in plain terms if you aim dead at a guy 10m away running across you and shoot, you'll miss him, quite unlike reality. Training server training is available where I can spawn enemey infantry for you to shoot. No time wasters please, all dickheads will be reported so don't attend if you're intending to waste time, cause trouble or harass a legitimate existing training session. Genuine, nice, new players only who just want to learn thanks.

2) Along the above lines, how to move properly around towns and then also open country. Not as simple as you think and it never hurts to be reminded of stuff we should all instinctively know anyway.

3) Forward base sapping. How to blow up forward bases.

4) How to para drop (very easy).

5) Anti-tank training. How to kill light German tanks with the ATR, and the 232 Armoured Car with the Enfield (British) rifle when up close.

6) Basic flying lessons. Joystick required please, and also some patience this is not a quick or simple lesson compared to the above.

Other training categeories will be available for players who've gone through this stuff. After that most players outgrow me quickly anyway and often end up way beyond me in the stat lists
  #2   Report Post  
Old 09-14-2011, 09:40 AM
sssnake sssnake no ha iniciado sesión

Talking Re: New player basic infantry training.

Would actually find the rifle training useful, getting into sapper more and more, and it's Exceptionally annoying to shoot someone in the chest and miss, giving them the chance to get me-lol.
Very much appreciate and if you'd send me a message when/where, i'd be grateful.
Dave
  #3   Report Post  
Old 09-22-2011, 11:20 PM

Cool Re: New player basic infantry training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcangel14 View Post
Would actually find the rifle training useful, getting into sapper more and more, and it's Exceptionally annoying to shoot someone in the chest and miss, giving them the chance to get me-lol.
Very much appreciate and if you'd send me a message when/where, i'd be grateful.
Dave
Hi drop me a pm in game next time you see me on. Add me as friends type /friend adder6 in game and you'll see when I'm online
  #4   Report Post  
Old 09-25-2011, 05:46 PM
sockeye sockeye no ha iniciado sesión

Send a message via ICQ to sockeye Send a message via MSN to sockeye

Default Re: New player basic infantry training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcangel14 View Post
Dave
It's time to join a squad. I'd like to suggest FeldJager. Good bunch of people with thick skin and happy to help you along and manage the native problems you'll have along the way.

#5   Report Post  
Old 10-09-2011, 11:04 PM
timmy41 timmy41 no ha iniciado sesión

Quote:
Originally Posted by adder6 View Post

1) How to shoot the rifle properly. Not as easy as you think, there is a very heavy lead distance due to internet latency. This means in plain terms if you aim dead at a guy 10m away running across you and shoot, you'll miss him, quite unlike reality.
Incorrect. Damage is calculated on the shooters client then sent to the receiver. If what you say were true it would be exceedingly difficult to shoot down planes as their "real" location could be as much as 100 meters different for a laggy player. Instead the locations of units are sent from the client to everyone relevant and a smoother is used to bring warping down (due to limits of the laws of physics in reality and viable computers and internet) to a hopefully unnoticeable level. You do not need to shoot any further in front of a person than you would have to if they were on a computer sitting next to you using a LAN line, but since people are from all over the world, it may take a fraction of a second for your hit to be sent to them, then their death to be sent back, thus the delay.

Kroni - I give handjobs for free however
MOTORMOUTH - We know. Please use some lotion, we've had complaints.
  #6   Report Post  
Old 01-17-2012, 11:48 AM

Smile Re: New player basic infantry training.

That's a very technical and good reply timmy, yet the fact clearly remains in plain common sense terms you have to lead enemy infantry alot more than you would in real life. And an awful lot more than you would ever do in any other multiplayer game.

There are likely to be different smoothing and latency issues with vehicles which rely on an element of weight and momentum such as planes and tanks which would cause their behaviour to be a bit more predictable rather than infantry which can change direction at will.

You will not convince me that 6 years of observed playing has not proved to me that there are very unusal issues regarding infantry which do not necessarily affect other vehicles to the same extent.

To be quite frank your post strikes me as a very intellectualised mis-understanding which is only going to end up in player confusion and poor bloody greentag guys thinking it's ok to shoot right at enemy infantry instead of aiming ahead of them which will actually result in a kill.

You never know who you're talking to on here, and despite the fact the international public today is extremely hostile, negatively themed, and full of adult children with great skills yet no emotional balance whatsoever - there are plenty of good people around too. You may well be someone who handle critiscism with maturity, but the chances are low to be truthful.

I hope you'll see that the post can be confusing, but maybe you will not and the 14,000 posts and gaming degree etc.... will just reduce you to a passive aggressive state of common sense denial hidden with intended unnecessary complexity.

To all new guys, shoot ahead of enemy infantry to an unrealistic extent because it works and for no other reason.
  #7   Report Post  
Old 01-19-2012, 03:03 PM
sssnake sssnake no ha iniciado sesión

Best way to kill inf is LMG or with light ATG if you're not in AFV-i've used both 2lb and 37mm guns against EI and both can be devastating if you remember 1 Very Important lesson-Aim to hit Between Yourself and the Ei-the "Splash pattern" of fragments will be projected Toward the EI, rather than away, and he Won't get the chance to kill you. Nothing worse than being naded by Ei aside from being shot in the head with his pistol-lol.
Additionally-Your Light ATG has a Serious Range Advantage over Any EI, and can still be effective on ET's if used correctly.
  #8   Report Post  
Old 02-09-2012, 02:38 AM
trimarchi trimarchi no ha iniciado sesión

LMG is my sweetheart in this game. I use LMG 80 percent of the time in infantry. I know how to shoot it hip level while walking or standing up straight for hits. I can get a 1/2 or 2/1 kill ratio shooting it without being on the ground or it being deployed. Point is...LMG is great weapon to use once you get the rank to do it and learn to properly (and inproperly lol) use it. Not everyone has to be Mr or Miss Sniper or Mr Tanker or Miss pilot. I guard CPs with only LMG. After LMG comes rifle. SMG if I have too if supplies are low.

Id say to newbies practice using the LMG and any other weapon in offline mode. It seems most players have that "one" weapon they are best at above the rest.

"Before I say goodbye to you all, come on and join me in a big cheer! V for Victory!" -- Carole Lombard (Actress - Quoted on 01/16/1942)